EOS imaging is built around the idea that every patient should have access to safe, dependable care. To that end, we’ve formed a diverse team of innovators and problem-solvers committed to creating best-in-class medical imaging solutions.
We support clinicians worldwide with precise, patient-centered solutions for musculoskeletal pathologies and orthopedic surgery. Join our team to help us enhance healthcare outcomes for millions of people and champion a new patient-specific standard of care.
To join our innovative company, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The AOS Cloud & Security Compliance Specialist is responsible for the compliance of AOS IT
& Security policies, procedures and processes with HIPAA, RGPD and US and EMEA hospitals
requirements. AOS Cloud & Security Compliance Manager is responsible for the security
clearance of AOS offering within implementations in NAM and EMEA hospitals.
• Lead a 3rd party audit of AOS processes and policies
• Collaborate with a 3rd party on identification of AOS Security processes and policies
gaps and improvements
• Implement, improve and maintain AOS security policies and processes.
• Ensure that AOS division and related EOS departments comply with IT & Security
Policies and Procedures
• In collaboration with Service Implementation Project Manager, ensure successful
implementation of EOS solutions in Healthcare Facilities by completing risk assessments
and IT and Security Questionnaires
EOS imaging is an international group, specializing in innovative imaging and image-based
solutions for musculoskeletal pathologies and orthopedic surgical care. EOS imaging dedicates
its efforts and skills to the improvement of patient treatments and outcomes through low dose
imaging, complete and precise patient data and surgical planning based on 3D patient anatomy.
3 positions opened, located in North Carolina, Chicago and St Louis.
This position is responsible for installing, troubleshooting, and performing corrective and
preventive maintenance on Eos Imaging products in North America.
- Resolves remotely or on-site customer technical issues in a timely manner to maintain
maximum uptime and customer satisfaction.
- Maintains all equipment in their assigned area. Will assist neighboring engineers with sites
on an as needed basis.
- Reports schedule to the service back office.
- Interacts with X-ray techs, radiology managers and radiographers while on customer sites.
- Reports accurately and in timely fashion all required records for quality and traceability
- Validates and give feedback on service tools and documentation.
- Escalates logs, quality issues… to the appropriate team to contribute towards continual
improvement. Complies with regulatory, quality and safety procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining assigned tools and test equipment (due calibration …).